The Current Captains of Gondor
(Committee for 2016–2017)
- The Steward: Jeremy Budd, Trinity
The Steward is the chairman of the society, overseeing the other Captains and ensuring the defence and smooth running of the Society. They have overall responsibility for running things on a day to day basis, organising events and making any executive decisions.
- Keeper of the Red Book: Avigail Ben-Gad, Magdalene
The Keeper of the Red Book is our meticulous secretary, responsible for communications to members, AGM minutes, and suchlike.
- Smaug, the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities: Choong Ling Liew-Cain, Magdalene
Smaug, the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities, jealously guards (and occasionally allows us to spend) the society's funds as our junior treasurer.
- Gwaihir the Windlord: Louise Vincent, Murray Edwards
Gwaihir the Windlord is a role without portfolio.
- Bill the Pony: Samuel Cook, Selwyn
Bill the Pony is a role without portfolio.
- Quickbeam: Connor W-Holmes, Fitzwilliam
Quickbeam is the Ents officer or social secretary, responsible for taking the lead in organising formals, foreyule feast and the annual dinner amongst other social events.
- Glaurung the Golden: Mark Waller (alumnus of Churchill)
Glaurung is our senior treasurer, with responsibility for our hoard along with Smaug.
- Daeron: Sam Karlin (Trinity Hall)
Daeron is the editor of Anor, the society's journal.
- Telchar: James Baillie, (University of Birmingham, alumnus of Pembroke)
Telchar is responsible for website content & communications, the digital Anor archive, and other such projects.
- Shelob: Matthew Woodcraft, (alumnus of Robinson)
Shelob is our webmaster, responsible for the technical side of web hosting.
- Archivist of the White Tower: Jack Fleming, (alumnus of Queens')
The post of Archivist was appointed at the 2014 AGM and encompasses working on cataloguing, caring for and hunting down the society's library assets.
- Elvish Officer: Philippa Steele, (Fellow of Magdalene)
Official correspondence should be directed to the Keeper of the Red Book, Samuel Cook, via the committee list firstname.lastname@example.org.
External organisations (including other TS smials and TS officers) should contact the Steward, via the committee.
Election of committee
The six main committee members are normally elected at the AGM; the society must have a Steward, Smaug, and Keeper of the Red Book, and may optionally fill the other three posts. Other officers may be co-opted by the committee. For details, see the CTS constitution.
If you are a committee member and wish to log in to the website, please go to the login page here.